Smoke Detectors Save Family
At approximately 8:20 pm on January 3rd in Florissant, this single family residence became the scene of a significant one alarm fire. Preliminary investigation shows fire originated in the attached garage. Because the residents, who were on the second floor at the time, had properly installed and working smoke detectors, they were alerted to the blaze when the fire first began and were able to escape their home quickly and call 911. Fast response by Florissant Valley, Robertson and Hazelwood Fire Districts limited most of the heaviest damage to the garage and kitchen. There was also smoke damage throughout the rest of the home. However, the residence is salvageable and the home owners are safe because of their use of smoke detectors. It is a object lesson for all home owners.
2019 Pinning Ceremony
Ceremonies were held Tuesday evening January 29th at the Florissant Justice Center recognizing promotions and acknowledging 2018 performance. …read on for more information.